|GLASSTEC 2022: Resuming the most important event for glass|
|Furnizori de sisteme Publicat de Ovidiu Stefanescu 14 Sep 2022 08:12|
The 2022 edition of international trade fair glasstec, organized as usual at Düsseldorf Messe, will deal with important topics, such as Climate, Resources, Urbanization, Value and Well-Being. All of these will be reflected everywhere at the trade fair: at the exhibitors' stands, in the special shows and in the conference program. All the subjects are essential for the future development of the glass industry as well as for the society as a whole. In the following, Petra Cullmann, Executive Director, Messe Düsseldorf, will offer more details about the most important exhibition for the international glass industry.
- Please, offer details about this edition of the trade fair, the first after the problems generated by Covid-19 pandemic. Which are the main arguments used to convince the glass industry to resume the participation at this important event?
- First things first: The Who's Who of the international glass industry will be represented at glasstec and, as usual, will offer a unique range of products, innovations and market trends along the entire value chain. Against the background of the current uncertainties, we invite everyone to be part of glasstec this year, because it is more important than ever that the players of the glass sector come together here in Düsseldorf. They can finally meet and exchange ideas face-to-face on a global level in order to shape the future of the industry. The effects of the energy crisis, the pandemic, the conflict in the Ukraine, supply chain problems can finally be addressed by the global experts and decision makers of the industry. There is such an immense opportunity to learn from all the players of the glass industry and how they cope with those diverse challenges. The five global trend themes, which we identified with experts from the industry are considered essential for the future development of the glass industry as well as for our society as a whole. They will serve as a guideline to discuss current and future challenges as well as the contribution the glass industry can make to find solutions. You can check out all the session of the glasstec conference program at www.glasstec-online.com. But our visitors will also be able to experience the future of the glass industry. We highly recommend visiting our innovation show glass technology live (gtl). With this year´s title NEXT IN GLASS, the glass technology live special show will underline the focus on future glass applications, creative experiments and visionary ideas. The presentation of current research results in combination with the demonstration of impressive exhibits, will once again give a glimpse of future glass applications. The organizers from the Technical Universities of Darmstadt, Delft, Dortmund and Dresden will once again push the limits of what is feasible and amaze visitors and stimulate discussions with their mock-ups and innovative glass structures. An important topic concerning also all industries is carbon neutrality and renewable energy. With the new “Expo for Decarbonized Industries > ENERGY STORAGE” which will be staged concurrently with glasstec, we will offer participants valuable synergies. The exhibition in hall 9 will not only showcase technologies and services for the decarbonization in industry and commerce but also provide an important platform for information exchange between user industries and experts from the field of renewable energies. A forum presenting current best-practice examples and a conference program that combines research and practice will complete the trade fair. If you want get more information about the new trade fair, you can visit www.decarbXpo.com
- Are there yet important companies which choose to skip this edition, given the current problems, including the war in Ukraine?
- This edition will be a very special one for all of us. After 4 long years, everyone who participates is already full of excitement and is really looking forward to meet all the experts from the global glass industry. In addition, the positive feedback we received during our global press conferences from partners, organizations, and the journalists confirm that the industry shares this anticipation with us. Due to the ongoing travel and restrictions in some countries around the world we will surely miss one or the other exhibitor but glasstec 2022 will still present the whole value chain of the glass industry, along with its innovative products, solutions and ideas.
- Offer more details about the main objectives you set for the 2022 edition of glasstec.
- The anticipation of the global glass industry to reunite again after four long years is clearly noticeable. As organizer of glasstec, we are excited to offer all participants a unique array of products, solutions, innovations and market trends along the entire glass industry value chain. The range of exhibits presented by the Who is Who of the international glass industry will be complemented by an extensive ancillary program that allows knowledge transfer between the experts of the industry and the scientific community. What makes the trade fair even more exciting this year is the fact that 2022 is the International Year of Glass. Whether you are part of mechanical engineering, manufacturing, processing, handicrafts or architecture sector - the world's leading trade fair for the glass industry is the ideal place to meet again face-to-face, to interact directly with customers and partners from the industry and to discuss the challenges and current trends of the industry. The glasstec conference will again be the platform for knowledge transfer and in-depth conversations between experts from the industry. The top-class sessions are aligned with our 2022 trend themes: Climate, Resources, Urbanization, Value and Well-Being. These topics will serve as a guideline to discuss current and future challenges as well as solutions for the glass industry and will be reflected everywhere at the trade fair: at the exhibitors' stands, in the special shows and in the conference program. This comprehensive conference line-up will be enhanced by additional lectures presented in the glasstec conference area, including presentations by the VDMA on machine communication and by EuroWindoor on the topics of energy efficiency and the use of daylight. Our glass technology live special show will again underline the focus on future glass applications, creative experiments and visionary ideas. The presentation of current research results in combination with the demonstration of impressive exhibits, will once again give a glimpse of future glass applications. The organizers from the Technical Universities of Darmstadt, Delft, Dortmund and Dresden will once again push the limits of what is feasible and amaze visitors and stimulate discussions with their mock-ups and innovative glass structures. Most of the exhibits in the innovation show will be presented to the public for the first time. I won´t tell you more because it remains a well-kept secret until glasstec opens its doors on September 20, but our glass technology live videos give you exclusive insights and details about what awaits you at these years´ innovation show. The videos are available on the glass technology live website and the social media channels.
- Given the current international situation, what do you think will be the most appropriate way to organize such events (face-to-face, online or hybrid)?
- The focus of trade fairs is still on face-to-face communication but we are also continuously expanding the digital services, presentation and networking offers around our trade fairs. After all, people's changed usage habits in everyday and business life have also changed their expectations of our trade fairs. Before Covid-19, we responded to this with our trade fair portals, trade fair apps, our online order system, interactive hall plans and digital information pillars with wayfinding (digital signage). We have expanded our digital offensive under the keyword "hybrid trade fair" - a mix of the physical event on site and digital offerings. The new and further developed digital additions to trade fairs ("Digital Extensions") include presentation opportunities for companies via exhibitor profiles and web sessions, virtual participation in the live program (conferences, workshops, etc.) via streaming and on-demand videos as well as networking via the matchmaking tools and the social media activities of the fairs. Nevertheless, our customers appreciate the added value of trade fairs and therefore I am convinced that trade fairs have already or will return to old strength in the near future.